A Phased Approach
SSU continues to prioritize the health of our faculty, staff and students while beginning a phased approach for returning to campus beginning July 13. We continue to follow all county public health orders while maintaining operational excellence in the mission of educating our students. As a part of this phased approach, supervisors and managers were asked to complete a department assessment for the Fall 2020 semester.
Once we have reviewed the survey results, we will inform managers on the decision. Managers will then communicate with employees in their departments about the work format (telecommuting, on-campus or a combination of both) from July 13 through the remainder of the Fall 2020 semester. Employees who can effectively work remotely will continue to telecommute for the remainder of the Fall 2020 semester unless otherwise directed through the above outlined assessment process.
This phased approach to campus operations for Fall 2020 semester:
- Continues to prioritize health and wellness for our faculty, staff, and students
- Limits the number of on-campus employees to less than 30 percent occupancy per building based on strict physical distancing guidelines
- Supports contact tracing efforts through daily wellness checks of all on-campus employees
- Supports telecommuting employees through leave and workplace accommodations
- Establishes thorough COVID monitoring protocols for our employees, including strict sanitation commitments
This website is designed to inform you of the steps the university community must take to work safely in the COVID-19 era. All questions related to information on the returning to work webpages may be directed to email@example.com. Thank you for helping all of us stay healthy and well at Sonoma State.
Daily Wellness Checks
Beginning July 13, employees who visit or work on campus must complete a daily wellness check.
A student wellness screening is in development in anticipation of students returning to campus in August.