SSU encourages campus members to take certain active measures to protect against influenza-like illness and respiratory infections. The most important of these measures are:
- Practice social distancing
- Follow all shelter-in-place and stay-at-home orders to ensure you are doing your part to protect public health and your own health.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based rub frequently and avoid touching your face as much as possible.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow, not your hands.
- Get a flu shot, if you have not already done so. It is not too late, and you are more likely to encounter influenza viruses than you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
- If you take medication or receive medical treatments that result in immunosuppression, contact your health-care provider for advice and guidance regarding any additional measures that might be recommended for you.