March 26, 2020, 12:56 p.m.
Dear SSU Employees,
The Contracts and Procurement and Accounts Payable teams continue to provide essential business support functions to campus during this challenging time. This memorandum informs you of the current services levels and procedural adjustments. Please discuss this information with your team leaders and support staff as appropriate.
Given the dynamic situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, the university needs to limit all purchases to only essential goods and services. Essential goods and services include those necessary to support remote learning; health and safety; and continuing core operations.
As a result, the university will be making the following temporary changes until further notice:
- Travel: University sponsored travel is suspended. Faculty and staff are required to request refunds and/or credits for all cancelled travel.
- De-activation of ProCards: Most ProCards will be made inactive. A limited number of cards will remain active for ProCard holders making frequent essential purchases. ProCards cannot be used for technology acquisitions such as computers, laptops, hot spots, software, hardware, etc. Please direct inquiries for technology acquisitions to email@example.com.
- EREQ Procedures:
- Purchases up to $1,000 require pre-approval by the Appropriate Administrator of the individual making the purchase.
- Purchases above $1,000 and up to $10,000 require pre-approval of the applicable AVP or Dean.
- Purchases above $10,000 require pre-approval of the applicable Vice President.
- Items can be shipped to personal residences but only with prior approval of the Appropriate Administrator overseeing the work activity.
Employee Business Expense Reimbursement requests for purchases made after March 26, 2020, will not be reimbursed. Please do not make university purchases using personal funds, as we will not be able to reimburse you.
Note that necessary purchases may still be requested through the EREQ process. They will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Travel policy, reimbursements, or vendor payment issues, contact Accounts Payable/Travel: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For contracts or procurement: email@example.com.
David Crozier, AVP for Financial Services
on behalf of the Emergency Operations Center